Sunday, October 28, 2012

letting go feels good....
Yes, letting go as in GARAGE SALE! Kenn and I just completed a two day garage/estate sale and God brought the people. We were amazed at how many people were believers. I gave away many Bibles, spiritual study books and Christian themed illustrations ( wouldn't think of selling but giving ). I loved giving away small illustrations that had been published in Mission's magazines for children for the Baptist Home Mission Board. I've been keeping all these for who knows what, and made many little children happy with some original art. I loved the little guy who wanted the picture of a family gathered around their dining room table reading the Bible. I asked him if he knew what they were doing. He said yes they are reading the Bible, "I love reading the Bible". It blessed my heart.

Wow, what a successful sale it was! We made enough to support us for a month during our time without income.We have been so blessed and learned so much during this month of moving and time of need. We will be much more ready to help and serve people in the future. So many folks have given of themselves physically, financially, prayerfully and just moral support and encouragement. We have Tom as our daily angel. He would be embarrassed to know that I am even sharing about him but I just have to. He is 80 and has been by our side for more than two weeks almost daily. His van has taken loads of stuff to Marietta and our Tucker storage unit more times than I can count. He and Kenn have loaded the things and Tom wears Kenn out! I think he runs on High Test Holy Spirit. I know he has the gift of service, there is no doubt about that.

So now we have until the end of the day on Wednesday, October 31 to have all things out of the rental house and much work is left to be done. A combination of moving some things to storage still to be sold or kept, and moving things to the end of the drive for trash pick up will keep us busy tomorrow. Then we will have the rest taken or picked up by non-profit org. and the rest to the dump. We may have to hire some junk removal service to do the final haul. We will be sooooo glad to be done. We are so physically tired and need a rest.

Due to some set back, I didn't get my review request for Humana sent out until Thursday evening. If I'm granted an expedited review I may hear something about my appeal on Monday or Tuesday. If not it will take 45 days to know if Humana will cover the upcoming rib surgery. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something, Thank you all for your prayers in this matter.

Going now to just lay back and take a breather. Later......


No comments:

Post a Comment