Wednesday, October 24, 2012

it's awful.....
It is truly awful that I have not posted in so long! After the awesome fund raiser at Rocco's I had been without internet for over a week, had doctor's appointments every day for a week and trying to move at the same time. I've been getting comments about what is going on with insurance appeals and how I am doing and such and thought I'd better grab a minute and update.

First of all I want to thank you all for your continued support both through your prayers and financial support. The fund raiser on the 13th was a huge success and we received a good amount toward our living expenses and doctor bills. We have also been receiving donations through our site and many of you have contributed anonymously. So I thank you all so much! God is really providing through his people. A special thanks goes out to Debbie, Marie and Stan and many others for the time and devotion they put into the Rocco event. Bless you!

The move is going day by day. We have been at the Marietta location now for almost two weeks but have so much more to move out of the Tucker place before the end of October. Everyday it is back and forth, I've never seen our gas tank empty so fast! We have too much stuff to sort through with a cleaning business and my art studio added to all the personal things. What an ordeal it has been in the midst of the medical issues. I have not been able to lift so I have been little help with physically moving things. We have had much help with the move as well and couldn't do this without you!

After my first appeal to Humana for denying my claims they returned with a decision to cover the breast cancer but still hold to their original claim that the rib tumors are preexisting. I have been putting in more numerous hours in my second appeal to a third party review board to have that overturned in time to have my scheduled rib surgery on Nov. 6. I have been gathering letters from doctors/surgeons copies of CT scans, addendum to office notes, and a 5 page letter explaining that the offices notes from which their decision has been made are incorrect. It has taken hours again to do this but I think it will be all faxed to Humana tomorrow. Time is short until surgery but I am asking for a expedited decision. Please pray for this for if not approved I will cancel the surgery for now and that could be mean waiting until next March when it will be covered. The doctors all think this is not in my best interest.

This is all I have for now, must go to Tucker and move more stuff! Love to you all for your continued support and care for Kenn and I.