Sunday, July 1, 2012

summary of June ......
So much has been packed into a four-week span that I must reflect and see what I have learned. I believe that we are here on this earth to learn eternal lessons as well as earthly ones. I’ll take a moment to share a little of June’s curriculum:

  1-  don’t miss your mammogram––it can save a life! men, insist on your gal going!

  2-  have medical insurance and savings!

  3-  at least one of you must have a "real" job,  self-employment doesn't pay sick leave.

  4-  ladies, if you are going to have a lot of medical tests, have a large wardrobe of blouses that
       button up the front


  5-  if the nurse says a test will take an hour, plan on being at the hospital all day!

  6-  if you sit at the hospital all day, don’t be fooled into thinking you are going to get rest––you
       will be exhausted by the end of the day!

  7-  news is not truth

  8-  74 year old doctors communicate with their patients by iphone

  9-  when facing death, every morning in prayer is as necessary as oxygen ( now I see even 
       when not facing death it is still necessary )

10-  memorized promises from God will get you through needle biopsies

11-  being sick is a full-time job for two people! even when you, the sick one, has never felt better in
       your life

12-  prayer makes all the difference!

I’ve only traveled a little way on this journey but I’m hoping that the drama will lighten. By now, the fact that I have breast cancer has lost some of the sting. Compared to the prognosis that I was facing just a week ago at a 14% survival rate, now I think my prognosis is somewhere between a 82% to 92% five year survival. Great improvement but I'd bet on 100%!

1 comment:

  1. Marilyn, I am so sorry to read of this new journey you are on. Sending prayers, wishing you peace...Dana

    ReplyDelete